Work Life Balance – I’ve seen this subject covered so much lately. Let me just say this:
“Work is part of Life”
There may be some who are independently wealthy, or retired with a great pension fund. For the rest of us, Work, or perhaps what could be better described as bringing in the money, is a core piece of Life. Whether it’s to support ourselves and our families or to pursue our dreams and aspirations, work holds a significant position in the grand scheme of life.
58% of Americans live pay check to pay check* – its on your mind a lot. I’m extremely grateful not to be in this situation but I think about money, or in my case revenue a lot ! I want to live in a chateau in France and that little project isn’t going to fund itself.
I have a ‘why’ attached to my financial goals. I have no interest in being a millionaire for the sake of it. I don’t want to bring for 18 hours a day every day.
So lets look at balance.
Work, like life, should be enjoyed. Work, much like life itself, should be enjoyable. I often glance at the small post-it note on my desk, serving as a constant reminder. If work isn’t enjoyable, you work in a toxic workplace, you’re not appreciated, then get out. Find another job. When that’s resolved, go back to balance again. Make time for you, make time for work, make time for those things you value. Make time for the people closest to you.
So where am I going with this ?
- Make sure work doesn’t consume you entire existence.
- Make time for yourself, even if it’s just an hour here and there.
- Take care of your health, physical and mental. You’ll achieve very little if you’re sick.
- Remind yourself how far you’ve come, not how far away your goals are. Thing about how much progress you’ve made so far.
- Relax once in a while. Turn down the noise in your head. Get away from that device. Go sit in nature.
Life includes work, it shouldn’t be a battle of balance.
* Source, CNBC
Samsonite Urban Packer Backpack The Samsonite Urban Packer...
My commute - the crazy traffic Hanoi Vietnam This a a...
Live life on your own terms Live life on your own terms -...
Copyright 2023: Chris Wray